Two seminars examining the Grenfell tower tragedy have been added to the FIREX Expertise & Guidance Theatre.
Details are as follows:
Tuesday 20 June, 12.00-12.50
Grenfell Tower: Why building regulations need to be reviewed
- Steve Seaber – British Automatic Fire Sprinkler Association
- Tom Roche – Fire Sector Federation Built Environment Issues & Affairs Workstream Chair
- Martin Harvey – Fire Industry Association
- Niall Rowan – Association for Specialist Fire Protection
- Stephen MacKenzie – International Fire Risk, Security Aspects and Emergency Planning Independent Consultant
Thursday 22 June, 15.00-15.50
Reflections on the FIREX community’s reactions to Grenfell Tower
- Stephen MacKenzie, International Fire Risk, Security Aspects and Emergency Planning Independent Consultant
- Plus a panel of senior industry stakeholders
For the second session, which is the final seminar of FIREX 2017, the audience will be asked to write down their 5-10 key priorities for the fire sector. IFSEC Global will collate the results, write a feature and send it to the public enquiry.
There will also be a drop-in session in the FPA Infozone where people can ask the experts about anything about the Grenfell fire and fire safety in general. This runs on Thursday 22 June between 12.00-14.00.